Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tell Me When It's Over

Tell me when it's over.
Tell me when I can lift my head and smile.
Tell me when the winter winds stop raging.
When the seas stop churning black and eerie,
And thunder doesn't split the sky.
Tell me when the peace has settled.
When the storm has come and gone
When I can stand upright
To dance and to sing without the fear of scorn.
Tell me when you, in your power,
Have settled on your rightful throne
Tell me that I am your own.

I am cold,
I am wet and worn,
Weary of the raging storm
Sick of the tossing of the waves
The rolling of the currents
The threat of death and life without you,
Tell me when it's over.
Tell me when victory splits the veil
Tell me when your power soothes and warns
Tell me when you hold the keys to life and death

Tell me so I can praise you,
Tell me so I can pour sweet incense on your feet
And bless your ears with jubilee
Tell me so I can sink,
Deeper and deeper,
Until I'm drowning in the wash of your blood,
Enveloped in the depth of your love
Tell me my Salvation has come
Tell me the scourge is over
When the blight has ceased and praises consume the skies
Tell me when it's over
And I can be your own.

No comments: